Filenkova Ol'ga Aleksandrovna, Applicant, the department of Russian history and history teaching methods, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The relevance of the study is due to the general negative trends in the demographic development of Russia. The preservation of integrity of the country largely depends on a competently built policy of territorial administration, taking into account the historical experience. The purpose of the work is to study the initial stage of the formation of doctrinal foundations of regional policy and its refraction in real political practices in 1917–1920s, which will allow us to determine the correlation of social and economic factors, management tasks and the needs of the region in the process of reforming the administrative and territorial division.
Materials and methods. To conduct the research the author used the materials of the State Archives of the Russian Federation, which reveal the specifics and results of the activities of the Administrative Commission under the Presidium of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee of the RSFSR, as well as the research results of the problems presented in modern historiography. The theory of modernization is used as a methodological basis for the research. The use of methods of retrospective analysis and periodization is substantiated.
Results. The article analyzes the process of development and implementation of the first stages of the territorial administration reform in revolutionary Russia, as well as the problems and contradictions of difficult search for an optimal system of unifying demographic, ethnic, and economic regions.
Conclusions. In conclusion, the author stresses that the policy of territorial administration of the first years of the Soviet power was contradictory and inconsistent, and it was conditioned by the specifics of the civilizational development of Russia. As a result, the Bolsheviks, having proclaimed the task of radical restructuring of administrative and territorial governance in accordance with the prospects for building an industrial society and a proletarian state, in practice were forced to take advantage of the experience of the imperial administration, reviving the relevant instruments, overcoming obstacles to the formation of a new technological order by
feudal methods, including the ones in the sphere of administrative and territorial structure and local government.
1. Kamenskiy A. B. Polis [Polis]. 2000, no. 5, pp. 27–31.
2. Lyubimov A. E. Istoricheskiy ocherk administrativno-territorial'nogo ustroystva Penzenskoy gubernii. Materialy po rayonirovaniyu i organizatsii Sredne-Volzhskoy oblasti. Vyp. II. Penzenskiy i Saranskiy Okrugi [Historical essay on the administrative-territorial
structure of the Penza province. Materials on the zoning and organization of the Middle Volga region: Edition II. Penza and Saransk regions]. Samara: Izdanie Sredne-Volzhskoy Planovoy Komissii, 1925, pp. 13–64.
3. Karnishina N. G. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Gumanitarnye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Humanities]. 2011, no. 2 (18), pp. 22–28.
4. Mezhevich N. M. Vestnik Komi respublikanskoy akademii gosudarstvennoy sluzhby i upravleniya. Ser.: Teoriya i praktika upravleniya [Bulletin of Komi Republican Academy of Civil Service and Management. Theory and practice of management]. 2015,
no. 14 (19), pp. 22–32. Available at: https://elibrary.ru/download/elibrary_24142038_27114999.pdf (accessed Jan. 04, 2018).
5. Biblioteka normativno-pravovykh aktov SSSR [Library of normative legal acts of the USSR]. Available at: http://www.libussr.ru/doc_ussr/ussr_131.htm (accessed Jan. 04, 2018).
6. Biblioteka normativno-pravovykh aktov SSSR [Library of normative legal acts of the USSR]. Available at: http://www.libussr.ru/doc_ussr/ussr_209.htm (accessed Jan. 04, 2018).
7. Regional'nyy khozraschet: kontseptsiya i formy realizatsii [Regional cost accounting: concept and forms of implementation]. Eds. A. I. Murav'ev, O. G. Dmitrieva. Moscow: Izd-vo VZPI, 1990, 214 p.
8. Gergilev D. N. Obshchestvo: Filosofiya, Istoriya, Kul'tura [Society: Philosophy, History, Culture]. 2017, no. 9, pp. 53–56.
9. Regional'nye aspekty formirovaniya rossiyskoy natsii v XVII – nachale XXI v. (po materialam Povolzh'ya) [Regional aspects of the Russian nation formation in the ХVII – the beginning of the XXI centuries (according to materials of the Volga region)]. Execut.
ed.: O. V. Yagov, O. A. Sukhova. Penza: Izd-vo PGU, 2017, 520 p.
10. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Rossiyskoy Federatsii (GARF) [State Archive of the Russian Federation]. F. R. 5677. Op. 1. D. 7.